Here we have gathered some information regarding how famous are these teams are among the fans.Fans always support their teams whether they lose or win.Cricket lovers create a good environment for there home team and support them.
List of most popular teams of IPL.
1. Mumbai Indians: 17.7 Million-The three-time champions of the tournament Mumbai Indians is undoubtedly the most followed team on the social media. They are ruling the charts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with a special fan connect as they earlier had Sachin Tendulkar as their icon. Though the likes of Rohit Sharma and others have managed to carry on in the same vein after his retirement.
The official Facebook page of MI has 12 Million likes which are again the highest ever among all the eight teams.
The Twitter handle of the franchise has a staggering 4.29 Million followers for more than 40 thousand tweets made by them.
Mumbai Indians is the only other team after RCB to garner more than 1 Million followers (1.4m) on their Instagram account. They’ve made around 5,459 posts on the website in order to stay connected with their fans so far which is bound to increase in the near future.
2. Chennai Super Kings: 15.8 Million followers-Chennai Super Kings is undoubtedly one of the most talked about teams in the history of the IPL. Their skipper MS Dhoni is the favourite son of India and is set to lead them after a gap of two years when they were suspended along with Royals for the same reason. They are back now to rule and win the title for the third time.
The official Facebook page of the franchise is very much popular and they’ve garnered a total of 10.8 Million likes on the website.
CSK’s Twitter handle has 3.6 Million followers and has kept their fans busy with a total of 28.7 thousand tweets.
Somehow though they haven’t managed to keep up with their Instagram account and has only 325k followers for 1480 posts which is a bit of a disappointment given the reputation of the franchise. They will surely increase as the team will take the field and get some wins under their belt.
3. Kolkata Knight Riders: 14.6 Million followers-Kolkata Knight Riders decided to let go of their star player and the skipper Gautam Gambhir and must have surely attracted a criticism from all the corners of cricketing fraternity. They won the IPL in 2012 and 2014 under him and have missed out to pick a captain material in the auction.
The official Facebook page of KKR is which has around 15 Million likes which are also partly due to the owner of the team Shahrukh Khan.
The official Twitter handle of KKR has tweeted 27.4k times which has lured a total of 3.61 Million people to follow them during or after the tournament.
Their Instagram account, however, has failed to become more popular with only 0.4 Million followers of the page.
4. Royal Challengers Bangalore: 13.3 Million followers-The difference between the top four and bottom four followers of the team begins here as Royal Challengers Bangalore have almost 3 Million more fans than KXIP who are one spot below them. Despite not being able to win the tournament, the gun T20 players have kept loyal fans stick to them who are once again hoping for their team to win the coveted title.
9.2 Million cricket fans have been keeping an eye on the happening of events in RCB camp on their Facebook page.
A staggering 2.71 Million followers on Twitter to respond to their 36.8 thousand tweets is the testimony to the loyalty of their fans.
Also, they are only the second team to cross 1 Million followers (1.4m) on Instagram. Their fans deserve the trophy this year and who better than Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers could bring it home.
5. Kings XI Punjab: 10.4 Million followers-The inability to assess the talent of the players has been the problem with Kings XI Punjab from the very first year in the IPL. The franchise has often promised a lot but failed to deliver in the proper tournament. This time around they’ve overhauled the complete squad almost and are looking good to compete.
Despite the consistent non-performance, the Facebook page of KXIP has 8.3 Million likes.
The Twitter account of the franchise has also been followed by 1.62 Million fans. A total of more than 27 thousand tweets have kept their fans gushing over their appearances on and off the field.
The Instagram account of Punjab franchise has attracted almost half million followers with 2438 posts.
6. Sunrisers Hyderabad: 7.7 Million followers-Sunrisers Hyderabad have always been the underdogs ever since they’ve made an entry into this lucrative league. They’ve never had a star player up their sleeves but stunningly won the 2016 edition under the leadership of David Warner.
On social media too, they are the dark horse with their Facebook page have 5.7 Million likes.
The official Twitter handle of the franchise is. A total of 26.1k tweets have attracted 1.67 Million followers so far ever since they came into the fray of the IPL.
The Instagram handle of Hyderabad has overall 375 thousand followers for 1173 posts on their account.
7. Delhi Daredevils: 5.7 Million followers-Delhi Daredevils is another franchise which has chopped and changed the squad a lot over the last 10 years. They are yet to reign supreme in the IPL and would be eyeing their maiden title this time around.
The Facebook page of Daredevils has attracted a total of 4.4 Million likes so far in the last 10 years of its existence.
The official Twitter handle of Delhi franchise has just crossed the 1 Million followers and have tweeted about the happenings in the camp 24 thousand times.
The Instagram account of Daredevils has second least number of followers with overall 1107 posts. The franchise would be hoping for a drastic rise in fan following post the IPL this year but for that to happen they need to win the title.
8. Rajasthan Royals: 4.6 Million followers-Rajasthan Royals are making their comeback to the fray in the IPL and have formed a strongest possible squad on paper during the auction. They were suspended for two years after their alleged involvement in the spot-fixing in 2013 but now will feature in the upcoming edition.
The official Facebook page of Royals has recorded a total of 3.5 million likes on the page thus far.
The Twitter handle of the franchise has 944 thousand followers on the microblogging website with more than 33 thousand tweets.
Instagram account of Royals has 0.164 million followers. They have the least fan-following among all the IPL teams and the numbers will increase if they perform well this year.